May 26, 2009

Cosmetic pouch


Its time for another little magic!!!

While talking about styles and occasions its not limited to something big. It could be as small as a family getting together. And it does take some effort in keeping things in place, making house look beautiful or atleast presentable. Think about all those small things which usually find place in plastic bundles, and thrown into cupboards for "time being". These bundles are forever left there, until we realize there is something you can't find and assume, it could be in those bundles. Oh! imagine all the trouble undoing the bundles, pouring all the things and searching within the unkept garbage :(.
In my previous post I spoke about using old cloth to make useful little mats and today I will talk about how we can make little pouches for keeping similar small things in place and avoiding misplacing them.
Here's my trick, you can use your own ideas to make this better.
I had two cut pieces of a jeans pant. I got these pieces while altering the pant to proper length.

Normal scenario - you would throw those pieces.

These pieces were around 6inches long and stitched on both sides.I just stitched one end each of these pieces together. Then folded them at the center, where I joined the two pieces together. This showed up two open sides. My idea was to make this my cosmetic pouch. So I slid different cosmetic items, like mascara, lipstick etc., With that as measurement simply tucked on. This created smaller spaces within the pouch to hold items. And this is what I got:


1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for taking time to comment. If you start following my blog or subscribe to email, do let me know. Also leave your blog details here, I will surely visit and follow you back. Thanks again.