Oct 3, 2008

Comfy handbag

Past few weeks, I got into some serious sewing. My mood was to make something different. A Handbag. This is my first time. Thus I went doing some visual survey. How different handbags or purses looked, sort of fabric used, padding etc., etc., There are just so many varieties in them. I looked for them in various shops, online and also peeped into my own collection. So I decided how I would like my handbag to look.
For the fabric I just sorted through my mom's old and unused cutouts of saree blouse pieces. I purchased some polypad for the padding. I did not even know it was known as polypad :D, when I told the seller I wanted some quilt padding, he asked me if that was polypad and I nodded as if I was an expert there. Its interesting how new projects can educate us about new things available in the market.


 And then what else, as I said earlier I got into some serious cutting and stitching. The actual pattern was supposed to be a straight line on top but because of some cutting mistakes its got a semi square dip. Thanks to lazygirldesigns which saved my day. I got the idea to add a different color in between and also do the extra shape in between by looking at their  Gracie handbag. ( You can look into their handbag patterns here- http://www.lazygirldesigns.com).

With those subtle colors I can now use this handbag during summer with any cotton clothes. Its got huge space (size of a macbook) to hold accessories and its also got pockets within to hold money, pens etc., That's going to surely match the seasonal style, without looking bulky it would come so handy.

I made the little flower that's on the handbag. I will write another post on how I made it in future

Did you like my handbag, let me know by leaving a comment below.

Thankie ;)

Also check my  first post.

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for taking time to comment. If you start following my blog or subscribe to email, do let me know. Also leave your blog details here, I will surely visit and follow you back. Thanks again.