Jul 20, 2009

Woolen project 2 - Cap

And here comes my knitting project 2. I always wanted to learn making hats the vintage types, but simply gave up considering all the complexities involved. But now I'm back with my interests, just that I'm replacing making hats with caps.

Big deal!! right - I know :)



And that is the first cap I have knit. Using knit and purl. First few rows have the rib stitch, then goes the seed stitch followed by numerous rows of garter stitch with two rows of seed stitches (repeated 4 times) in between the garter stitches for the design. That's the pattern without the measurement and no.of cast-on's as such.
Also I have not worked on a circle. This is simply worked flat and joined at the end.

I'm off to experimenting some new caps now. But wait! that's not going to be with the knitting needles, but crochet needles. I have been waiting for these needles to arrive and finally they are here. So excited that I could not stop taking these pics., Check out my new collection.

Aluminum hooks

Wooden hooks

Steel hooks






And this - just my photography skills. I still wish I had a better cam :(

1 comment:

  1. Good job Evita..! I wish, I had 1%of talent wt you have... That picture is actually good.. Clarity doesn't matter.. It goes good... Looking forward for more... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for taking time to comment. If you start following my blog or subscribe to email, do let me know. Also leave your blog details here, I will surely visit and follow you back. Thanks again.